Thursday, October 4, 2007

The first Listening log

10, 01, 07 1:00am~2:30am
Ch 53 - The World Series of Poker
On Tuesday night, I skimmed the channel to find something fun, but there is nothing fun, such as football games, movie and soft dram that I like. Finally I started to watch The World Series of Poker because two weeks ago I played poker in my dorm. That was my first time to play poker at my dorm, but it was fun even though I lost 50$. What I played was exactly not a standard porker but Texas Holdem, one kind of porker.
Anyway I don’t want to lose anymore hahaha I just watched the professional play for my victory in the future. As I knew they play in Lasvegas, and at first, a lot of players participate in the Championship of Porker, and then as game going, players are out of the game when their money runs out. So a person who survives at the end of the game is the champion. Actually I don’t know exactly how do they proceed this championship because I watched this for one and half hour when I focused on how did professional players play poker and what kind of words do they use in poker. It was useful time because I learned how to play poker and that a lot of sentences and words that are used in paying porker: “I’m fold”, shuffle, flip, deck, same suite, bluff, stumble and so on.
Every week, I am going to try to choose different programs or sources for listening logs because it is a very good way to learn a lot of vocabularies and expressions and also that kind of way to learn is very useful and appropriate in real situations.

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL...HAHA!! Listening for real game? It's a two-bird-one-stone solution(homework and study for revenge). And sounds like you're ready to play game. when you get back your $50, let me know. Hahaha..