Monday, October 15, 2007

Listening log

Listening log.
I saw Super Size Me at TIEP on 10, 05, 07 . It is a documentary film, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock. It warns and shows how much eating fast foods affect our bodies badly by experiment on Morgan Spurlock’s body. He ate only McDonald's foods for 30days. Before he experimented, he checked his body in medical way. In period of experiment, he kept track of what’s going on his body and shows it. Originally his body was good conditions. I can’t remember exactly the result of his experiment and how much his body change after experiment. After experiment his body was too bad: gaining weight, high blood pressure, high rate of bad cholesterol and increasing many causes of diseases.
I heard his film made McDonald's get rid of supersize in their menu and gave big damage to McDonald's. And this movie let people change their food in a healthy way. It’s so interesting that a one person’s thinking and an experiment can affect big societies a lot and it works a lot.
Originally I don’t like any kind of fast food because of unhealthy and lack of taste. But sometimes I use fast food because of fast and comfortable to eat. This movie was good because I could easily understand fast food’s harm through his experiment and it gave significant and specific infromation to me. And I saw his another documentary, about minimum wage. It also recorded in a same way as Supersize me. I respect his passion to make him experiment with his body.
And I want to say about eating food. We can avoid some bad foods and bad things of foods with our effort. But it is impossible to eliminate every single harmful thing in our foods. Some of my friends are very picky when they eat something. It is ok for their health, but if they do too much or they can’t care their eating, it makes them tired, uncomfortable and gives a lot of stress. The best way is that don’t too much care about our eating. Just think positively whenever we eat something. We should thanks for foods and think that these foods are good for us. And another we have to be required is regular exercise. Let’s do eat with happiness and exercise regularly.

No comments: