Thursday, September 27, 2007

Listen log 2nd

My American girl
09, 21, 07

Summary
This is documentary that is about a family in New York from Dominican Republic.
It showed typical immigration’s family life and one of common American family lives which is composed of father, mother, three daughters. They live a three-story house with a lot of their relatives.
Sandra and her husband have a two job to live in New York and to bring up their children and to come true their dream and to help poor people in their country.
However, they don’t have time to take care their children, because every day they go to work at 5:30 and arrive at home about 9:00. So they have one problem of their third daughter which is contrast with the other good older daughters. She doesn’t like to study so her test score is too low; therefore, Sandra is very concerned about her daughter’s future. She does effort to guide her daughter to right way, such as scolding, giving a penalty, consulting daughter’s teacher.
And they have a dream that go back to their country. In there, they will build dream house and they want to help poor people. That is, for them, their country is a sort of heaven and New York means just method to make their dream come true.

After a long time, I saw a good documentary. It was so good because I didn’t expect that movie. Anyway it reminded me of my life and my dream and it made me reflect current life. Nowadays I often grumble about studying English; Studying English is too boring and I am doubt advance in my English as time passed. So sometimes I don’t want to do anything except sleeping. But compared with Sandra’s life, my life is too easy and I have a lot of time to do everything. I just whined.
Anyway this documentary encouraged me to move on achieving my dream and to focusing on English. For her, New York means a method to realize her dream. From now, for me, Austin means a opportunities and a fundamental to came true my dream. Let’s go 21. !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes~You didn't just fool around..I think you have been nice~
It's time to buckle down~go go 21~

Rachelle said...

I think it's really great that you guys watched this movie here in the school. How difficult were the accents to understand?

Rachelle said...

I like your attitude about your life here in Austin and what your focus is all about. Let's go!

Emily said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the film. It's a really special movie for me.

Are you going to review the second "Doc Day" movie, Super Size Me?