Thursday, September 6, 2007

Listening log

Business Finance
Professor: Woochan Kim
09.06 3:30~4:45


# Summary

As I understand today’s main topic is how to reduce our risk of investment. How can we reduce risk and make money? Definitely the way is maximizing return and minimizing lots of exposed risk which has market risk, diversifiable risk, contribution of individual assets to market risk and beta. As professor said basically we can reduce risk to make a portfolio. If we hold portfolio especially with30 different stocks, we can reduce most diversified risk so we don’t need to care about diversified risk.
As I think market risk is the most important influence among whole risk to portfolio, because when we hold a good portfolio, diversified risk doesn’t matter and beta, contribution of individual asset to market risk are very close connected with market risks which are war, big terror, inflation and recession. So if we want to reduce risk about our asset, we will make a good diverse portfolio and we will have to deal with market risk.

# Reaction

Today is my first day to listen to a lecture at the UT. Actually I didn’t know how I could listen to lectures and where the appropriate lecture for me is? But I could find a proper lecture by introduction from my classmate, Jun.
As my expectation it was hard to understand even my major is business, because of English. So I couldn’t understand detail theory and formula exactly. So I just tried to catch a main idea and I want to know what kinds of English words were used in financial part.
By the way it was good challenging to me and it was good time to practice listening to English and it is going to help my study of major, business.







5 comments:

nawafito said...

It's good summury. It seems so hard so, idid not understand anything. lool

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachelle said...

Hi 21! I'm really impressed that you attended a lecture at UT. Perhaps you could share your experience with the class, if you don't mind?

If you would like me to show you how to find various classes in which you might be interested in attending, let me know. It is quite easy once you find the class schedule online.

Good Work!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try to attend a lecture at UT. How brave they are!

Katie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and jun got a great chance. I'm sure that you will really benefit from that experience, and hopefully you will do. do you have to turn in the homework in that class? mmhahaha...