Thursday, September 13, 2007

Seccond Listening log 9/14

Honey
09.13.07 (8:00~10:30)

Movie plot.
Honey Daniels (Jessica Alba) is a 22-year-old, sexy, tough-minded, part-black, part-Latina hip-hop dancer in New York's East Harlem who dreams of making it big as a music video choreographer. She teaches hip-hop dancing at a local youth center and encourages the local kids to attend to keep them off the streets and out of trouble. When luck shines on Honey in the form of a famous music video director, named Michael, who casts her in one music video, she's encouraged to make the transition from dancer to choreographer. But Honey's sudden success comes with a price when Michael refuses to take "no" for an answer to his sexual advances and then tries to sabotage her career by blackballing her out of the business. Honey no longer has the money to buy a studio for the kids she teaches dance for so she and her students form a dance benefit. Finally they got a big success. She seems to come true a part of her real dream.

Reaction
I thought this movie has pulse-pounding music and awesome dance. Also it has impression and lesson. But we can’t expect something unique story and fantastic visual in this movie.
Anyway at first just it made me excited and fun. As movie going on I felt something passions and I thought about real dream seriously. I think nowadays, most young people’ dream relate to money and fame. Just they seem to pursue visible and fancy things. Sometimes so do I.
But what I really impressed from this movie is “what makes you happy?” which is one of lyrics. The thing which makes us happy is definitely considered as our dream if people want to live happy life. I thought ‘what make I happy?’. It links my dream which is to be a big guy. Just I mean big guy is person who can sincerely help and considerate people who are familiar with me and are poor people. To achieve these kinds of things I have to constantly do my best whenever, whatever with a strong passion. Absolutely now, the first thing that I have to do hard is English… What a pity!!! … SuXX!!!... kkkkkkkk




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't like Jessica, you make me watch this movie!
Nice summary and straightforward reaction~lol.

Rachelle said...

I saw this movie also. I have always loved movies with dancing as a theme. Good summary.